Mary Ellen Mann
Throughout my career I have focused on the issues surrounding sexual trauma recovery, families and children. My experience includes working with gangs in California,
providing therapy to severely emotionally disturbed children, clinical research, foster care supervisor, drug prevention program development, residential treatment for at risk youth, and school social work.
In 1998, I also began to build my private practice to continue with my dream of working with people on an outpatient basis. As president of Mann Counseling Group, P.C., I feel very fortunate to have been able to continue this outpatient work today as my full time focus. I am a trained facilitator for the internationally recognized and scientifically proven
childhood sexual abuse prevention model, “Stewards of Children” created by Darkness 2 Light.
I speak nationally to varied audiences and bring a combination of humor, mental health/clinical expertise and my personal recovery process to every event. I believe that emotionally and physically scarred people can be tomorrow’s best leaders. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Masters from Columbia University, NYC
- Bachelors from Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA, graduated with honors
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Meridian Tapping
- Facilitator for Darkness 2 Light’s “Stewards of Children” protocol